September 5, 2014
Dear Osprey Families,
We are writing to let you know that we have several students attending our school that are severely allergic to various types of nuts. For that reason, we have decided to strongly encourage our students, staff and volunteers to help us make Animas High School a “NUT FREE” campus. While we are not requiring this, we believe it will really help our students who have allergies. So we are asking each Osprey and visitors to leave all products containing nuts at home.
Some of our students could become very ill just from the fumes. Peanut allergies are the most common, however, several of our students have allergies to different types of nuts. Our administration has made the decision to strongly encourage a “nut free” campus In order to provide a healthy and safe environment for all of our Ospreys during the school day.
Please help to remind your student(s) to leave products containing nuts at home for the health and safety of their fellow classmates.
Thank you for your assistance and understanding!
Sincerely,
The Administration at Animas High School,
Etoile Hening, RN, BSN
Animas High School Health Consultant
970-769-9030
Etoile.hening@animashighschool.com