Dear Animas High School Community,
As we complete our first semester of the school year, we have many accomplishments to celebrate.
- We have embraced our new Head of School and are thriving under his leadership from both an academic and cultural standpoint.
- We are thrilled to witness the light in our seniors’ eyes as they finish their college application process (a few beaming seniors have even been spotted on campus wearing their soon to be alma mater’s sweatshirts!).
- We have three semi-finalists for the Boettcher scholarship (out of 300). You can learn more about the Boettcher scholarships program here. This means that out of the entire state, 1% of the Boettcher scholars are Animas High School students.
- The halls are abuzz with excitement for upcoming POLs and exhibitions.
- Under our Sorceress of Stoke’s watch, our culture is becoming stronger than ever.
While it is a very exciting time at Animas High School we still need your support!
As a charter school, we do not have access to the types of government funding that other public schools do. We rely on fundraising for rent, facilities maintenance, and other basic operational needs. Our annual fundraising goal is $150,000. We raised close to $100,000 at the first annual Osprey Games last month (watch for the upcoming video recap, being produced by a talented group of Ospreys). It was a fun-filled evening celebrating the spirit of AHS, our student body and faculty, and we truly appreciate everyone that came out for the event. But, we are still $50,000 short of meeting our 2015-16 fundraising goal and we need your support to help us reach it. If you haven’t made a tax-deductible contribution this year please consider doing so now.
One of our goals at Animas is 100% family participation. We currently have about 40% family participation. Volunteering on campus during the school day, or helping with exhibitions or events are great examples of participation and our school would not be the same without this support. Please consider how you would like to be involved and make a difference in our AHS student’s education. If you haven’t already, or if you’d like to contribute an extra year-end gift, please make a tax-deductible donation today, every little bit counts. We have made it even easier to support AHS through monthly automatic payments. Imagine if every AHS family donated $5 a month. That is close to $20,000 alone. At $20 a month, we are looking at almost $60,000! For the price of a fancy cup of coffee each month, you can support our school and help ensure that our programs continue to flourish and our students continue to thrive.
You can set up your automatic payment by visiting our website at https://animashighschool.com/support-ahs/. You can also send payments by check to PO box 2242 Durango CO, 81302. All donations are tax deductible. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have regarding our fundraising efforts, or our school as a whole.
Thank you for helping our Ospreys soar!
Animas High School Board of Directors